Saturday 6 October 2012

To Love Yourself

This blog has become my diary. I don't know if anybody actually reads it or if people just stumble upon it but it has become a point of reference for me. I can look up my recipes or the FODMAP list anywhere now.

Sara Stacey has a health column on the Irish Daily Mail magazine and last week she published some strategies for a calm mind. I want to keep my favourite five in my blog so I can have a look at them anytime I need a little pick me up. Here they are:

  • Be loving to yourself: don't rely on others for your self-esteem, give yourself permission to get things wrong, acknowledge it and move on.

  • Count your blessings before bed: think of three nice things that happened today (a sunrise, a great cup of coffee...).

  • When you wake, decide that just for today you'll be as happy as you can.
 
  • Never lose hope: if it seems to be slipping away, phone a supportive friend and share the problem. But don't dwell on it afterwards.

  • Make things fun: wear bright colours, put on make-up, do your hair, play music during tedious chores, reward yourself with flowers or a movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment