Sunday 21 October 2012

Low FODMAP Pork Meatballs

You can now buy 500g of mince pork in Aldi for €2.89 which I think is really good value. Don't know what to do with it? How about meatballs?
I have adapted one of my mum's recipes for this post. She makes the meatballs with minced beef and pork but since I only had pork in my fridge that's what I used.
My mum cooks the potatoes separately, sometimes she serves this dish with fried cubed potatoes, mashed potatoes would be a good choice too...

Ingredients:

For the meatballs
  • 500g minced pork
  • 1 tblsp gluten free flour
  • 1 tblsp chopped fresh parsley
  • a pinch of cumin
  • 1 tblsp mustard
  • 1 egg, beaten
  • salt and pepper
For the rest
  • 2 carrots, diced
  • 2 potatoes, diced
  • 100 gr frozen peas
  • 1ltr stock or 1/2 ltr stock, 1/2 ltr white wine (the wine does make a difference in the taste)
  • a pinch of paprika
  • salt and pepper

Method:
 
Mix all the ingredients for the meatballs in a bowl with your hands without over mixing. Make walnut size balls and roll them in a little gluten free flour. Fry them in a big deep pan until lightly browned. Set aside. In the same pan, sautee the carrots and potatoes until all the oil and flour have been absorbed. Then add stock, wine and peas. Cover and simmer on a low heat for 15-20 minutes. 




www.meandmyibs2.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment