Sunday 28 October 2012

Dove's Gluten Free Machine White Bread

I decided to try the machine version with Dove's gluten free white bread blend. I don't have a fancy bread machine with gluten free baking options, it's a Biffinet I bought it in Lidl 10 years ago. I like the convenience of bread machines, you just put the ingredients in and you can forget about it and get on with the rest of the day, plus you get a very nice bread. The only thing I don't like is those holes at the bottom of the loaf from the blades...

Bread machines don't brown the top so I was expecting that but I wasn't expecting it to sink. Other than that it was fine, same texture inside, same taste, same crust (on the sides) than the oven baked version. I made the large loaf and it turned out to be huge! I followed the instructions on the packet and baked it on a normal baking programme ( I have read on the Internet that if you don't have a gluten free one the quick programme is best but it worked very well).

Note: I have made this bread again in the breadmachine since posting this recipe and it keeps sinking...

Ingredients:
  • 465g rice milk
  • 1 1/2 tsp vinegar
  • 9 tbsp oil
  • 3 eggs
  • 675g gluten free bread flour blend
  • 1 1/2 tsp salt
  • 3 tbsp sugar
  • 3 tsp yeast
Method:
  1. Mix all the wet ingredients in a bowl. Then pour into the the machine pan. 
  2. Add the flour, salt and sugar to the pan and stir with a spoon. Now, I have to confessed that I did not follow this step to the letter as my Biffinet manual says to put the salt and sugar first, then cover the whole thing with flour so the yeast doesn't get in contact with the salt (is this why it sunk?).
  3. Sprinkle the yeast on top.
  4. Start machine on normal bread programme.
  5. After a few minutes mixing, lift the machine lid and using a plastic spatula scrape down the sides of the pan. Do not use fingers.
  6. Continue machine on normal baking programme.



www.meandmyibs2.blogspot.com


















No comments:

Post a Comment