Tuesday 2 October 2012

Carrot and Cardamom Soup

www.meandmyibs2.blogspot.com


I think this soup is delicious but my husband begs to differ. It's not that he doesn't like it but he doesn't love it. I, on the other hand, believe this soup is wonderful. I guess cardamon is a little too exotic for my hubby but since I didn't have any ginger handy and a lot of carrots to use up I wanted to try the carrot and cardamom combination I have seen on the internet. It works.

Ingredients:
  • 500g carrots, roughly chopped
  • 1 medium potato, roughly chopped
  • 6 cardamom pods
  • 1litre chicken stock
  • salt to taste
Method:
Saute the vegetables in a little oil. Meanwhile, crack the cardamom pods and extract the seeds. Add the stock and cardamom seeds to the vegetables. Simmer, covered, for 20 minutes or until the carrots are tender. Blend. That's it. Delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment