Tuesday 20 March 2012

Low FODMAP Tomato Soup

Cheap and cheerful!

I made the stock with two chicken stock cubes. I still haven't found onion free stock cubes but they don't seem to upset my stomach too much.

Ingredients:
  • 400g tinned tomatoes
  • 1 carrot, chopped
  • 1 stalk celery, chopped
  • 2 medium potatoes, chopped
  • 1 tblsp tomato puree
  • 500ml chicken stock
  • 1 tblsp sugar
  • salt and pepper


Method:
Throw all the ingredients into a saucepan and cook for half an hour. Blend in a food processor or with a hand held blender. I like it quite thick but if it's too thick for you add more stock. Enjoy.

meandmyibs2.blogspot.com


4 comments:

  1. Massels 7 stock cubes are garlic and onion free. Not sure if available outside Australia.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much for your comment Sarah Elisabeth. I don't think they are available in Ireland but I will do some research on the internet and find out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't found onion free stock cubes but I have found onion and garlic free stock granules which seem to do the same thing :) I think they are Knorr and got them from tesco

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Abbie. I always buy Knorr stock cubes because they are gluten free but I didn't know they made granules too. My local Tesco sells Knorr Chicken Stock Granules Reduced Salt and these are the ingredients listed: salt, maltodextrin, vegetable fat, potato starch, sugar, yeast extract, flavourings, chicken fat (1.5%), carrots, spices (turmeric, caramel), powdered lemon juice, antioxidant (rosemary extract).

      No onion or garlic powders listed! Thank you very much for the tip Abbie.

      Delete