Thursday 6 September 2012

Dressings

How time flies... My little boy has started preschool and after a bit of a bumpy start he's now loving it! Hopefully now I will have time to update this blog a bit more often.

I really want to eat more vegetables, you know, increase my fibre intake... I'm making more soups now but I think I need to step up on the salad front. So, I have had a look for salad ideas, mmmm, lots of beans and onions out there! I have compiled a friendly Low FODMAP list although is not completely Low FODMAP. You are not meant to eat artichokes on this diet but they don't upset me, on the other hand red peppers are allowed but they bloat me, I'm going to stop cooking with them.

I wanted to make a short list that I could stick to my fridge and look at it for inspiration at anytime. I haven't listed quantities, just ingredients. Most of the time I alter the quantities in recipes according to what's in my fridge and what I can tolerate (e.g.: cucumber and lettuce repeat me in large amounts).

Here is a list of salad dressings.

Basic Dressings

The classic French dressing consists of: one part vinegar to three and one-half or four part oil plus salt and pepper.

Mustard French dressing: 3 Tbsp. Cider Vinegar, 5 oz. Olive Oil, ¼ tsp. Black Pepper, ¼ tsp. Salt, ½ tsp. French Mustard, 1 tsp Sugar.

Potato Salad dressing: 1 oz. Wine Vinegar, 2 Tbsp. Dry White Wine, 6 Tbsp. Olive Oil, ½ tsp. Salt, ¼ tsp. Black Pepper, 1 tsp. English Mustard.

Caesar Salad Dressing (without the Parmesan cheese and the garlic): 2 oz. White wine vinegar, 3 oz. Olive Oil, ¼ tsp. Black pepper, 2 chopped Anchovy fillets.

Dijon Vinaigrette: 1 oz. Balsamic vinegar, 1 tsp. Dijon mustard, 1/8 tsp. Salt, 1/8 tsp. Salt, 1/8 tsp. Pepper, 4 oz. Olive oil.

No comments:

Post a Comment