Friday 23 March 2012

Low FODMAP Hungarian Goulash

I don't have a picture for this dish but it's a well tried and tested recipe. I make it in my slow cooker, it's specially handy if you are having people over for dinner. You throw all the ingredients in the slow cooker in the morning and it's ready for dinner time. I don't bother frying or browning the ingredients before tossing them in the slow cooker, I find it makes no different to the taste.

Ingredients:
  • 1kg beef stewing steak
  • 75g seasoned flour
  • 1 big red pepper, deseeded and chopped
  • 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
  • 2 celery sticks, chopped
  • 3 tsp paprika
  • 5 tblsp tomato puree
  • 5 tsp mixed herbs
  • 400ml beef stock
  • 400g tinned tomatoes
  • pinch of grated nutmeg
  • salt and pepper

Method:
Toss the meat in the seasoned flour. Transfer all the ingredients into the slow cooker. Cook for approximately 4 hours on high, 6 on medium, 8 on low.

No comments:

Post a Comment