Sunday 11 March 2012

Dairy Free & Gluten Free Orange Sponge

There is something you need to know about me. I'm not a great cook. I only cook dishes that are simple, easy and quick. If I can cook it anybody can! In the last couple of years, like so many people out there, I have had to budget my shopping very carefully so I don't use an awful lot of ingredients in my recipes, I try to keep them simple and economical.

Here is a recipe for a quick and easy sponge. Gluten free baking goods don't keep as long as traditional baking goods but I don't worry too much about it, we have a very sweet tooth in my house, cakes disappear fast!

Ingredients:
  • 3 eggs
  • 250g sugar
  • ½ cup of milk
  • ½ cup light olive oil
  • 250g gluten free flour
  • 15g gluten free baking powder
  • zest of 1 lemon and 1 orange

Method:
Preheat the oven to 180°C and grease a deep round cake tin. Mix the milk, eggs, oil, sugar and zests in a food processor for a couple of minutes. In a separate bowl mix the flour with the baking powder and sift. Add the flour until well blended. Pour the mixture into the tin and bake for 40 minutes.

I found this recipe at the back of a baking powder packet. It was really simple and I liked the fact that it used oil instead of butter. The original recipe called for the zest of half an orange but I think it tastes nicer this way.


meandmyibs2.blogspot.com


No comments:

Post a Comment