Thursday 21 March 2013

Microwave Banana Pudding

I'm having problems uploading a picture of this pudding from my phone today. In fact I'm having lots of problems with my phone today :(

This is a super easy and tasty pudding. My son loved it and I have to say it turned out a lot better than I expected. The dough didn't quite covered the melted margarine and I just thought it wasn't going to work but it did. I used a square Pyrex oven tray that fitted nicely in the microwave. It's better to eat on the same day because the bananas on top will brown. Enjoy.

Ingredients:
  • 100g dairy free margarine, plus extra for greasing
  • 2 ripe bananas
  • 100g caster sugar
  • 100g gluten free self-raising flour
  • 2 tsp ground cinnamon
  • 2 eggs
  •  2 tbsp milk
  • icing sugar to dust

Method:



Put the butter in a 1 litre baking dish and microwave on High for 30 seconds - 1 minute until melted. Add 1 and a half bananas, mash into the melted margarine, then add the sugar, flour, cinnamon, eggs and milk. Mix together well. Slice the remaining banana over the top, then return to the microwave and cook on High for 8 minutes until cooked through and risen. Serve warm, dusted with icing sugar.

Another great recipe idea from the free GoodFood app.

No comments:

Post a Comment