Wednesday 13 March 2013

Low FODMAP Aubergine Omelette

I love fried aubergines and for me the best way to eat them is in omelettes. Aubergines soak up a lot of oil and I can only eat a handful when fried as they make me feel full straight away but in omelettes there's no stopping me!

You don't have to peel the aubergine for this recipe but my family doesn't like the skin so I normally do.

Ingredients:
  • 6 eggs
  • 2 medium aubergines, sliced
  • salt to taste
  • 1 tbsp rice milk (optional)
  • sunflower oil for frying

Method:

Fry the aubergines in plenty hot oil for a few seconds on each side until soft and lightly coloured but not browned. Reserve on a plate covered with kitchen paper to absorb excess oil. Beat the eggs with the salt and the rice milk, the milk is not necessary but I find omelettes come out fluffier if you add some.  Add the aubergine slices and mix. Pour this mixture in a lightly oiled medium frying pan on a low heat and wait a few minutes before turning until you can see most of the top is cooked. I put a plate on top of the pan and flip it over quickly, then put the omelette back in the pan, uncooked side down. If you don't feel brave enough to flip it cook the top under the grill for a few minutes.
 



www.meandmyibs2.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment