Sunday 17 March 2013

Ground Rice and Almond Pudding

Mmmm, I really need to learn how to take better pictures, compared to other blogs' pictures mine look pretty poor... I normally take the photos in the evening when the lighting is quite bad and I keep fighting with the flash in my phone, which makes everything look unnatural, plus I'm generally too tired to care :(  Gotta try harder. Any tips?

This pudding is sooooo aromatic it's almost perfumed. I just love the smell and taste of cardamom pods but I seem to be the only one in my family that feels this way. Have a go and judge for yourself, it's worth a try.

I think this recipe came from the back of one of those big ground rice bags you find in Asian stores, I just changed the method sligthly.


Ingredients:
  • 50g ground rice
  • 25g ground almonds
  • 4 green cardamom pods, crushed
  • 1 litre almond milk
  • 6 tbsp sugar
  • 1 tbsp rose water
Method:

Place the ground rice, almonds, green cardamoms and sugar in a saucepan. Add the almond milk and bring to the boil, lower the heat and cook for about 10 minutes or until the rice mixture thickens to the consistency of a creamy chicken soup. Keep stirring to prevent sticking. Add the rose water and continue to cook for a further 2 minutes. It will thicken a bit more when it cools.





www.meandmyibs2.blogspot.ie

No comments:

Post a Comment