Sunday 9 September 2012

Low FODMAP Coconut and Orange Cake

I bought coconut flour a while ago at an Asian store. I thought it would be great in cakes and I looked for recipes with coconut flour on the Internet. There are a few out there and I did try about three or four. I have to say I wasn't convinced. All the recipes seem to use lots of eggs and the result was always of a heavy and dense cake. Plus, coconut flour and coconut meat have a lot of fiber which can upset some IBS sufferers.

I think the best way to use coconut flour is to mix it with regular gluten free flour, you get a subtle coconut flavour and a less heavy product.

I really like this cake, it is very moist but you can reduce the juice content if you prefer it drier. I used oranges but lemons will be just as good.

Ingredients:
  • 90g coconut flour
  • 90g gluten free flour
  • 1 tsp gluten free baking powder
  • 175g sugar
  • 175ml sunflower oil 
  • 3 beaten eggs
  • rind and juice of two small oranges 
Method:

Preheat the oven to 180C. Beat all the ingredients together and bake in a silicone 900g loaf pan for 45 minutes.


www.meandmyibs2.blogspot.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment