Tuesday 8 May 2012

Thai Green Fish Curry

I have pretty much given up take-aways since I started this diet but sometimes I really really crave them. This recipe fits the bill for those days when you are tired of following the diet and you just want to treat yourself to something tasty. It's not completely low FODMAP because I use bought Thai green curry paste and it contains onion and garlic. I find that the amount of onion and garlic in stock cubes and curry pastes don't affect me but they might upset you. You could substitute the paste for curry powder, I haven't tried it yet but it may work.

As you can see in the picture I peel the aubergine but there is no need, I only do it because my husband doesn't like the skin.

Serve this dish with rice or if you are feeling very naughty serve it with chips...

Ingredients:

  • 2 tbsp vegetable oil
  • 2 tbsp Thai green curry paste
  • 1 small aubergine, diced
  • 2 tbsp fish sauce
  • 1 tsp sugar
  • 125ml fish stock
  • 250g firm white fish fillets, cut into pieces

Method:

Heat the oil in a large frying pan or a preheated wok over a medium heat. Add the curry paste and fry for a few seconds before adding the aubergine. Stir fry for about 5 minutes, until soft. Add the coconut milk, bring to the boil and stir until it thickens and curdles slightly. Add the fish sauce and sugar and stir well. Add the fish pieces and stock. Simmer for 5 minutes until the fish is just cooked. 

meandmyibs2.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment