Wednesday 9 May 2012

Low FODMAP Jambalaya

Today I decided to cook brown rice instead of white rice. It's meant to have more nutrients, more fiber... well, it's meant to be better for you but I just prefer white rice. I had to use double the stock and it took double the time to cook and it still tasted uncooked. It might be better for you but I think my delicate digestive system is not convinced.

Anyway, here is a recipe for low FODMAP Jambalaya.

Ingredients:
  • 2 tbsp oil
  • 2 chicken breasts, cut into pieces
  • 250g gluten free sausage (I prefer chorizo, but it can contain garlic)
  • 1 red pepper, seeded and chopped
  • 2 sticks of celery, chopped
  • 1 tsp paprika
  • ½ l vegetable/chicken stock

Method:

Heat the oil in a large saucepan or wok. Fry the sausage and chicken for about 5 minutes, then add the pepper and the celery. Continue frying for another couple of minutes, then season and add the paprika. Pour the stock over and bring to the boil. Then add the rice and cook for 20 minutes or until the rice is cooked.

meandmyibs2.blogspot.com



No comments:

Post a Comment