Monday 30 April 2012

Gluten and Dairy Free Lemon Polenta Biscuits

I made these biscuits last week with my son. Something for us to do on a very, very rainy day... He loves using the rolling pin and making shapes. He made a big snowman and a big robin but both broke when I lifted them out of the baking tray :(
These biscuits are really light and lemony, delicious with a cup of coffee.

This recipe comes from a book called Sweet Food that I have borrowed from a friend of mine. Most of the recipes are off limits for people on a Low FODMAP diet but some can be adapted, like this one. I don't see polenta listed as an ingredient for biscuits very often and I have found already two recipes with it in this book. I had to share this one..

Ingredients:
  • 125g softened butter
  • 125g caster sugar
  • 2 egg yolks
  • 2 tsp lemon zest
  • 155g gluten free flour
  • 110g polenta

Method:

Preheat the oven to 160°C. Beat the butter and the sugar until creamy. Add the yolks, zest and flours and knead until you get a soft ball. Roll out the dough on a floured surface with a rolling pin. Cut into shapes and lift onto a greased baking tray. Bake for 15 – 20 minutes or until lightly golden.

meandmyibs2.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment