Tuesday 29 May 2012

Low FODMAP Celery and Potato Soup

A few days ago I picked up a whole head of celery for 10 cents! It was obviously marked down because of its “use by” date but it was still very firm and of a dark green colour. So I bought it even though I already had some at home. I was looking at all that celery today, wondering how to use it up before it went yellow and soft and I decided to make a soup. It was lovely. My son ate all his soup but I made sure I sieved it to get rid of any stringy bits.

Ingredients:

  • 1 whole head of celery, roughly chopped
  • 2 potatoes, peeled and roughly chopped
  • 1 carrot (optional)
  • 1 litre of water
  • salt and pepper

Method:

Bring the water to the boil and add the rest of the ingredients. Simmer for 20 minutes. Blend.

www.meandmyibs2.blogspot.com



No comments:

Post a Comment