Thursday 12 April 2012

Pasta Putanesca


There are many versions of this dish, some people leave the tuna out altogether, others add mozzarella, garlic or fresh basil. I basically make it with whatever is available in my cupboard! I like to make it with black olives but green olives work well too. Capers are optional, mainly because I don't know what their FODMAP status is. I find their taste quite strong but my husband loves them so I add just a handful.

Ingredients:
  • 2 cans of chopped tomatoes (2x400g)
  • a pinch of crushed chillies
  • 1 can of tuna (180g), drained
  • 1 cup of olives, chopped
  • 1 tablespoon of capers (optional)
  • 1 small tin of anchovies, drained
  • 1 teaspoon dried basil

Method:

In a saucepan heat a little oil and fry the chillies for a few seconds until fragrant taking care not to burn them. Add the olives, anchovies and tuna and cook for a couple of minutes. Then, add the tomatoes and simmer for about 25 minutes or until thick. Stir in the basil and serve with gluten free pasta of your choice.

meandmyibs2.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment