Friday 20 April 2012

Low FODMAP Seafood Stew

I love finding recipes that include frozen food, without the need for defrosting it before cooking. This one uses frozen prawns and it's made with Pernod which gives the sauce a subtle fennel flavour. I don't make it as often as I like because neither my son or my husband are fans of prawns which is a pity as it's so easy to put together and all you need is cupboard ingredients.

I have adapted this recipe from Phil Vickery's book “ Seriously good gluten free cooking”. I hope you like it.

Do you have any recipes with frozen food? Please share them!

Ingredients:
  • 1 small glass of Pernod
  • 2x410g cans chopped tomatoes
  • 1 gluten free fish stock cube
  • 2 tsp sugar
  • 300g frozen prawns
  • 2 tblsp extra virgin olive oil
  • 2 tblsp chopped fresh chives
  • salt and ground black pepper

Method:

Cook the canned tomatoes, stock cube, sugar and seasoning for 20 minutes or until thick. Add the chives, prawns and extra virgin olive oil to the pan and heat through. If you used uncooked prawns make sure they are pink and if you used cooked prawns be careful not to overcook them.

Serve with rice or gluten free pasta.

meandmyibs2.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment