Monday 2 April 2012

Spaghetti Bolognese

There are so many variations of this recipe.. This is my low FODMAP version. Sometimes I double the portions and freeze the leftovers.

Ingredients:
  • 500g of minced beef
  • 1 tin of chopped tomatoes
  • 1 carrot, grated
  • 1 celery stalk, grated
  • 3 rashes of bacon, cut into small pieces
  • 1 tblsp of tomato puree
  • 350ml of beef stock
  • salt
  • pepper

Method:
Gently heat a large saucepan and add the minced beef. I don't like to add oil, I prefer to fry the mince in its own fat. When the fat starts to render off add the bacon and fry until lightly brown. Add the carrot and celery, cook for 1 minute. Add the other ingredients. Simmer for 20 minutes or until the sauce has reduced. Sometimes I add a tablespoon of cornflour diluted in a little cold water to the sauce to thicken it up a bit.

Serve with gluten free spaghetti.

meandmyibs2.blogspot.com






No comments:

Post a Comment