Friday 1 June 2012

Dairy/Egg/Gluten/ Nut Free Cake


Yesterday was one of those days when there was nothing in the kitchen. I didn't have any biscuits, cakes or even eggs to make some! I really wanted something sweet so I decided to try this dairy, egg, gluten and nut free recipe from the back of a self-raising gluten free flour packet. I use Doves Farm flour because it doesn't have any soy flour and it's also very reasonably priced.

The cake turned out to be quite small and a little on the tough side but still tasty. The recipe recommends to cut it in half horizontally after cooling it and spread on half with jam, place the other half on top and sieve icing sugar over the top. I think the next time I make this recipe I will make it into scones...

Ingredients:

  • 125g sugar
  • 6 tbsp sunflower oil
  • 1 tbsp vanilla extract
  • ½ ripe banana
  • 150g gluten free self-raising flour
  • 4 tbsp water
  • 1 tsp oil

Method:

Preheat oven to 190°C/Fan 170°C. Lightly oil or greaseproof line a 18cm round cake tin. In a bowl beat together the sugar, oil and vanilla. Peel and mash half a banana then beat this into the sugar mixture. Add the flour and water and mix well. Turn the mixture into the prepared cake tin and smooth the top. Bake in a preheated oven for 35 minutes. 

www.meandmyibs2.blogspot.com
 

No comments:

Post a Comment