Wednesday 13 June 2012

Courgette and Walnut Cake without gluten or dairy

I have been wanting to make a bread using courgettes for ages. There are lots of recipes on the internet but I settled for this recipe adapted from the book “Sweet Food”. This cake didn't go down well with my son, he didn't like it, and my husband didn't even want to try it once he found out there were courgettes in it! He doesn't have a problem with carrot cake though... But I do have to say that carrots are a lot sweeter than courgettes. I quite liked it but the next time I will try to make a bread rather than a cake.

Ingredients:
  • 150g chopped walnuts
  • 500g grated courgettes
  • 250ml sunflower oil
  • 330g sugar
  • 3 eggs
  • 310g self-raising flour
  • 1 ½ tsp ground cinnamon
  • 1 tsp ground nutmeg

Method:

Preheat the oven to 170°C. I used a 2lb silicone loaf so I wouldn't have to grease any tins and there was so much dough left over I made muffins as well.

Put the courgettes, oil, sugar, eggs and 100g of walnuts in a big bowl. Mix well. Add the flour, cinnamon and nutmeg. Pour the mixture in a tin and scatter the rest of the walnuts on top. Bake for 1 hour. Leave to rest in the tin for 10 minutes before cooling onto a wire rack. 

www.meandmyibs2.blogspot.com
 





No comments:

Post a Comment