Monday 29 July 2013

FODMAP list update

I just checked Kate Scarlatt's blog for updates on the Low FODMAP diet and I'm quite surprised to learn that instant coffee, chamomile and fennel tea, cocoa powder and carob are now high FODMAP foods! I don't really drink herbal teas but I drink instant coffee daily and use cocoa powder all the time in my cakes.

Do they affect me? I don't think they do... It just goes to show how individual and personal this diet is... Bell peppers are now a friendly FODMAP but since I started this diet I discovered that, for me, all peppers (red, green and yellow) are a source of bloatness.

I can't wait for the Monash University Low FODMAP app for Androids. They have developed one for iPhones, which cost around €8, quite costly for an app but I guess it's all for research...

No comments:

Post a Comment