Wednesday 6 February 2013

Homemade rice milk

This was my second attempt at making rice milk. I made the first one with brown rice, added a pinch of salt to the milk and left out the oil. I wasn't very impressed.
This batch tastes very nice. I made it with white basmati rice because it was the only one I had but I'm going to experiment with other types.
It's such an easy recipe I think I will be buying less rice milk cartons in the shops. I wonder if you can freeze it...
Ingredients:
-1 cup cooked rice
-4 cups water
-1 tblsp sunflower oil
-1/2 tblsp maple syrup or to taste
Method:
Place all ingredients in a blender and blend for 2-3 minutes. If you want a smoother texture strain through a muslin cloth. You could use the rice solids to make porridge.

www.meandmyibs2.blogspot.

No comments:

Post a Comment