Tuesday 8 January 2013

Dairy and Gluten Free Sticky Ginger Cake

A friend of mine gave me a Rosemary Conley magazine to read and to my surprise there was a gluten free recipe in it. The original recipe included two tablespoons of ginger preserve but as I didn't have any I omitted it and I don't think I will include it in future. This cake is not very sweet, I guess they are careful with calories in a diet and fitness magazine! but the overall result is really balanced. I will definitely make it again.

Ingredients:
  • 40g light brown sugar
  • 2 tbsp Golden syrup
  • 100g dairy free margarine
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 100g gluten free self-raising flour
  • 2 tsp ground ginger
  • 1 tsp ground cinnamon

Method:

Preheat the oven to 150C. Mix together all the ingredients in a food processor. Lightly grease and line a 20cm square mould and pour in the mixture. Bake in the centre of the oven for 35 minutes until firm to the touch. Remove from the oven and allow to cool in the tin. Serve warm dusted with icing sugar.





www.meandmyibs2.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment