Sunday 18 November 2012

Dairy and Gluten Free Pumpkin Muffins

I am not sure if pumpkin is a low, medium or high FODMAP food. There are different opinions out there, sometimes the American and the Australian researchers come to different results, I think it will be years before this diet is completely mapped out.
By the way, I can tolerate pumpkin well and I really enjoyed these moist muffins however I can only tolerate a very small, tiny amount of raisins so I only used half the amount stated. Another recipe from the free GoodFood app.

Ingredients:
  • 175ml sunflower oil
  • 175g sugar
  • 3 eggs
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 200g coarsely grated pumpkin or butternut squash flesh
  • 100g sultanas
  • grated zest 1 orange
  • 2 tsp ground cinnamon
  • 200g gluten free self-raising flour
  • 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
Method:

Preheat oven to 180C. Line a 12-hole muffin tray with paper cases. Beat together the oil, sugar, eggs and vanilla, then add the pumpkin, sultanas and orange zest. Stir in the cinnamon, flour and bicarbonate of soda. Spoon into the cases. Bake for 25 minutes. Cool completely on a wire rack.

www.meandmyibs2.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment