Thursday 17 July 2014

Gluten and Dairy Free Lemon & Blueberry Muffins

I'm baking again! I seem to have regained some energy now that I'm halfway through the pregnancy. I'm also hungrier and that means more time in the kitchen!

I found the recipe for these muffins on the Flora website (www.flora.com) and adapted it to my needs. They were really easy to make and my husband thought they had "just the right sweetness". I have quite a few lemons to use up, Aldi had lemons on offer and my husband went mad buying lemons. I will probably make another lemon cake before July is over. I used frozen blueberries (let's face it, fresh ones are very expensive).


Ingredients:
  • 115g dairy free spread
  • 115g caster sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 150ml rice or almond milk
  • zest and juice of 1 lemon
  • 300g gluten free self-raising flour
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 150g blueberries - fresh or frozen

Method:

Preheat the oven to 170C/ 150C fan assisted. In a mixing bowl, cream the margarine and sugar together until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, and mix well. Mix i the milk, vanilla, lemon juice and lemon zest. Add the flour and baking powder and stir until just combined. Throw in the blueberries and stir. Divide the mix among 12 muffin cases in a muffin tin (and sprinkle some sugar on top if you wish). Bake for 30 minutes.



www.meandmyibs2.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment