Tuesday 29 October 2013

Low FODMAP Baked Vegetable Omelette

When my husband tasted this dish he said it would be great as a filling for a quiche. To be honest I couldn't agree more, the only thing is, I have never made pastry in my life but I reckon it's about time I tried.
 
 Ingredients:
  • 8 eggs, beaten
  • 1 courgette, diced
  • 6 tomatoes, diced
  • 1 tblsp each of fresh: parsley, mint, chives
  • 3 slices gluten and dairy free cooked ham, chopped (or cooked bacon)
  • 4 tblsps rice or almond milk
  • oil for frying
  • salt
Method:

In a frying pan sautee the courgette. When is about half cooked add the tomatoes, ham and herbs. Keep cooking all the ingredients until the mixture is fairly dry then add to the beaten eggs, season with salt and add the milk. I didn't actually measure the amount of milk, I just add a swig according to the quantity of eggs but I think 4 tablespoons should be about right. Pour the mixture into a baking dish and bake in a preheated oven at 180C for about 30 minutes, until the top is firm and golden.






www.meandmyibs2.blogspot.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment