Sunday 16 June 2013

Gluten and Dairy Free Lasagna

I'm very proud of this lasagna. I didn't even miss the cheese!! I had made a double batch of bolognese sauce and I didn't fancy having spaghetti again so I gave the lasagna a go and it came out pretty tasty.

In a square baking dish pour a layer of bolognese sauce (see my low FODMAP recipe). Make sure it's not too runny, if it is thicken it up with a little cornflour dissolved with a little water. Then the gluten free lasagna sheets, another layer of bolognese sauce, another layer of lasagna sheets and top with dairy/gluten free white sauce.

To make the white sauce: pour 400ml of unsweetened almond milk in a saucepan with 50g of plain gluten free flour and 50g of dairy free margarine. Simmer stirring cointinuosly until thick and creamy. Season to taste.

Bake in a preheated oven at 180C for 30 minutes until the top starts browning and bubbling.

Note: I used Tesco lasagna sheets which needed precooking. I had to simmer them in boiling water for a few minutes individually as they stuck to each other if they were cooked together.

www.meandmyibs2.blogspot.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment